Inheritance India has seen a lot of growth since its inception. The original
business plan challenged the status quo of investment and development versus
environmental conservation and awareness. We have been able to demonstrate that
the two fields of thought are not mutually exclusive, but can go hand in hand
with excellent results.
As of 2005, we have:
· Purchased 170 acres of land across Kerala with documents traced and
cleared over the last 100 years.
· Entered negotiations for further land purchase for Eco-Tourism Zone
development across India.
· Received a path-breaking permission from the Foreign Investment Promotion
Board (FIPB) allowing for Eco-Zone development.
· 4 years direct work with the Kerala government and governmental bodies, two Memorandas of
Understanding with the Kerala government.
· Three years working with and building strong relationships with local communities and NGOs.
· Built a cadre of top legal counsel, scientists, and community members.
· Developed the foundations for multiple businesses through Eco-Zone development using potential
cutting edge technology.
· Conducted several small groups of eco-sensitive tourists through our sites and had some research
scholars-in-residence at them.
· Significant weeding of invasive plants along with afforestation to restore ecological balance
leading to the return of endangered wildlife to their natural habitats.
· Strong Scientific database and pool of research data being built up gradually.
· Documented management plan to allow for environmental management, ecotourism,
research studies, and agricultural production.
· One of the Inheritance India projects was short-listed for the St. Andrews Prize for the
Inheritance India Land Conservation Company
4, Shakti, Gr Floor, 521 Adenwalla Road, Five Gardens,
Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India.
Tel: +91 (22) 3090 1718 / 2414 5225. Fax: +91 (22) 2415.
created by EnsembleConsultants